Friday, January 8, 2010

Scrapbooking


I'm fairly new to scrapbooking. My sister has made some wonderful scrapbooks to memorialize some really special moments in her life, and she really inspired me to try my hand at it too. I wasn't sure how to get started, but she gave me some tips and some supplies to work with. Then I was on my own. I made my first scrapbook as a gift for my oldest daughter as a memory of the wonderful time we had when she came to visit in the summer. We took a train trip through the Potomac Valley in West Virginia. It was wonderful to see the beautiful river valley and all of the wildlife. I love taking day trips to different places, but this was even more special because she was with me. Here are a couple of pages from her scrapbook. I love the way it turned out, and she loved it too.




After I made my first scrapbook, I was totally hooked. I couldn't wait to get started on another one. And the inspiration for book number two was my second daughter's 10th wedding anniversary.

I was armed with tons of photos, and proceeded to work on it as a gift to her. I looked at it over and over again when it was finished. I figured out that I could use my computer to print some of the words and decorations on the pages (duh!). Here are some of the pages from scrapbook number two.


Memories of her special day



Three beautiful angels






Mom and Dad

I loved making these, and I especially loved knowing that I was creating memories for all of us to share and remember.

2 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

What wonderful and thoughtful gifts! This is one craft I have not attempted, you did a fantastic job.

Knatolee said...

These are fabulous Genny!!