Saturday, January 22, 2011

Playing Around

I know it's been weeks since I've posted.  I got really sick shortly after Christmas and had to take three days off from work just to rest.  I'm finally better and starting to feel human again.  My new job is going great.  I love the people I work with, and my boss is wonderful.  I'm so blessed to be able to start the new year off that way.  Of course, it's always stressful going to something new from something you know everything about.  I would never have thought of changing jobs, let alone moving to a whole, new, different state when I was younger!  I moved to Virginia from North Carolina about 3.5 years ago and have tried not to look back.  I used to feel ill if I had to drive somewhere I had never been before and was afraid to venture anywhere out of my comfortable little niche.  I was kind of forced to do that after my marriage ended.  And although I still prefer the comfort of familiarity, I'm not terrified of gong on to something new anymore.  

I have to get up an hour earlier for work, 4 a.m. instead of 5, which has been kind of kicking my butt.  Who would have thought that one extra hour would make you feel so tired.  But I guess being sick on top of that contributed to the fatigue.  I've learned to be an early-to-bed, early-to-rise kind of gal.  But that actually goes against my natural time clock, which is to stay up late and sleep in later.  

I've finally had a chance to play around with my new camera too.  I took these photos of Mimi without flash because I was trying to prevent the inevitable red eye from those beautiful blue orbs of hers when I take photos of her at night.  She's gorgeous, isn't she.  I love this cat so much.

I don't see the camera.  I don't.


Oh, okay, mommy.  I'll play along. 


Done yet?  Hmm?

I also took these photos of the crepe myrtle outside my living room after we had freezing rain.  I wish I had gotten closer and had gotten better shots of the ice encasing the branches and seed heads.  I should get another chance soon.  All the snow we had is now melted, but we're due for another snow storm on Tuesday!  I'm kind of excited about it.  




6 comments:

Verde Farm said...

Genny, glad you are feeling better and liking your job!! That means so much I know. Your cat is gorgeous. Her big ROUND blue eyes are about the prettiest I have ever seen. I just love her :) Great pics. Enjoy the upcoming snow. I love snow--I hate grey, gloomy days but snowy days make me happy :)

ME said...

The pictures are really nice. I used to leave for work around 4:15A
so I know how that feels. It seems my best sleep is between 3 and 6A so that schedule was hard for me. But, I like sunrise.
I hope you are 'all better' and wish you much pleasure in your new job.

Jayne said...

Any new job is stressful, even if you love it. We get up at 5AM and I've had to also learn to be an early morning/early evening girl. In bed by 9:30 most nights. Glad you are feeling better!

Razzberry Corner said...

Genny, I'm glad you are doing better! That's awful you had to take sick days off from the new job! I know what you mean about getting up EARLY - but it's worth it to me! Let me know when you're available for lunch!!!

~Lynn

Genny said...

Amy: Mimi said to thank you for the compliment. I honestly love snow too, and I hope we get some this Wednesday. It looks now like we may have a wintry mix of sleet and snow instead of the snow. We've only had a dusting so far this year.

ME: I know what you mean. My best sleep is between the same hours. I've been able to adapt but dream about the days of retirement when I can sleep in until at least 8.

Jayne: Would you believe I'm in bed most nights by 7:30? I need time to relax and crawl into bed early so I can wind down by reading or watching a movie. I often laugh and tell my grandkids that I go to bed earlier than they do!

Lynn: I felt so guilty taking off just after starting the job, but they were wonderful about it. They could see how sick I was. Getting up early has its benefits for me too, like beating the rush hour traffic on 66 on my way to work! And getting off before the rush hour traffic on the way home too. I work until 3:30 but the traffic doesn't get really bad until after 4. Lunch sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

Genny, So glad to hear you're enjoying your new job.

You have me wondering if I can grow myrtle in my area, it's so pretty...almost as much as that kitty! : )

~Andrea~