Friday, August 1, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

I just returned from a week long conference in Denver and had a chance to do some sightseeing while I was there. Denver was very brown and dry, and the temperatures were in the high 90s every day we were there, but the mountains were beautiful both from a distance and up close.

Here's a view from Lookout Mountain


Another view from a different angle

Buffalo Bill's (William Fredrick Cody) grave is up here on Lookout Mountain too. I got some great shots of his tombstone where he and his wife were buried next to one another.






A photo of the entire gravesite. People lay coins on the grave, which are collected and used to preserve the gravesite.

This view of Denver spread out below was dizzying. You can see the entire city.

I loved the mountains and wished I could have spent more time exploring. Maybe next time. I'd love to visit Montana someday and the Pacific northwest too! My list of places to see is growing.

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Ooooh, what lovely mountains!