Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall in My Neck of the Woods

There is a beautiful little pond close to my sister's house, and I love walking there and taking pictures of the ducks and geese.  The colors in the rushes and reflections on the water now are so beautiful.  I never get tired of looking at them.  





 
I want a pond of my own, with ducks and reeds and endlessly changing views.  





 
I don't know why fall makes me feel so snug and warm inside.  Maybe it's just the way we're programmed to react to the shorter days and vibrant colors.  I can smell the fires from the fireplaces and wood stoves.  I want to snuggle under my comforter after turning the heat way down for the night.  I want to make soups and stews and go for walks with the brisk wind blowing on my cheeks.  Yesterday and today were perfect fall days, brisk and dry, wind blowing the leaves in scurrying little crowds on their way to winter.  

 

7 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

Genny, beautiful header. I love the way your photo exhibits the sunshine "a glow" on the grass, just lovely. I'm glad to hear Fall and all it's wonderful delights has arrived in Virginia.The temperature hit seventy-two this week here in Maine and this morning 30, my girl's (chickens) wanted their breakfast inside their coop this morning! Happy Halloween! Oh yes, you have the cutest grandchildren!

Jayne said...

I love this time of year too... transition... yes, into colder, darker days, but if we did not have them, we would not look forward to and enjoy spring nearly as much! Love the header photo Genny!

Razzberry Corner said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. I can just feel autumn in them! I love the white headless ducks/geese!! I love the pictures of the pond, too, with the light reflecting off the water! so peaceful!

Verde Farm said...

Hi Genny, I just found you through Razberry Corner. Your blog is so pretty and the header is gorgeous. I've enjoyed all I've seen so far and joined up to follow :) Looking forward to blogging with you.
Amy

Knatolee said...

Pretty pretty pretty!!!!

Unknown said...

I couldn't imagine not having the change of seasons. It's so comforting. Love the ducks!

~Andrea~

Genny said...

Thank you all so much for visiting and leaving such kind comments. I love all of your blogs too!

Amy: Thanks so much for visiting. your blog is wonderful. I love your historic farmhouse and farm. You and Lynn have much in common! It's always been my dream to live in an old house that has a history behind it.

You are all the best and the reason that I keep blogging and reading blogs.