Saturday, May 8, 2010

Time Moves Too Fast

It's been a crazy couple of weeks.  I took a trip to Arizona to see my oldest daughter and granddaughter on a whirlwind weekend.  Came back to work at home that took up all of my free time after my regular job during the day and two weekends.  We have a new employee at work that I'm training and another one due in on Monday whose training will be on my long list of things to get done.  I was so happy to see this weekend roll around with no work having to be done and time to do some things for myself.

I've been meaning to post more of these photos I took at the farm when my grandsons came to visit but the time just got away from me.  The boys got to ride this beautiful pony when we went to visit.  The horses were gentle and sweet and very good with the kids.



Isn't he gorgeous?


 
I love everything about farms.  There were round bales of hay. . .


Multicolored pallets just standing by as if waiting for the party to start. . .



But these were the kinds of things that warmed my heart, to see my kids loving the animals. . .


I also fell in love with this busy little hen who was walking back and forth between the stalls. I thought she was adorable with her fluffy, busy little feathers.  If I had a place for her at home, I would have loved to scoop her up and take her with me.  She had a jaunty little personality.


I wish I had a farm to call my own.  Retirement cannot come soon enough.

4 comments:

Razzberry Corner said...

I love the farm pics! Especially the chicken! Your grandsons are very handsome young men!

~Lynn

Unknown said...

How sweet, I love the photo of your grandson lovin' the goat! Glad to hear you have some time for yourself this weekend. We all need that. : )

Be well
~Andrea~

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What lovely photos - looks like a grand day.

Knatolee said...

Goat-hugging, a wonderful activity.

Aren't hens great? And that's a beautiful horse.