Sunday, May 9, 2010

Photo Ops

I always carry my camera with me because you never know when you might have the opportunity to take a picture of something really beautiful or interesting or just plain weird!  I was shopping with my sister yesterday, and we had stopped at Wegman's.  They were having Sushi Day!!  Needless to say, the store was packed with sushi-lovin people, hundreds of different kinds of sushi, and colorful gifts set up for Mother's Day.

While my sister went off in search of the bakery department, I took out my camera and took some photos
of . . .



Orchids in every shape and color

The colorful food bar



And this . . . the biggest fish head I've ever seen!  It's a tuna that was used for making sushi.  Well, the head of the tuna.  You can see how big it is compared to the packages of fish sitting next to it.  


It was a Big Eye Tuna.  And OMG, SOMEONE.  BOUGHT.  THE.  EYE!!!  Can you see the hollow and the tear in the cornea?  I wonder what they did with it.  Of course, with my weird sense of humor, all I could think of was a dish called "Here's Lookin' at Ya!"  or "Keep an Eye Out for Me."    Sorry, couldn't help it. :o)~

2 comments:

Razzberry Corner said...

Wow, someone took out the eye! How gross is that? That is one big fish!

Knatolee said...

Really cool photos from a grocery store! And the fish eye...shudder!