Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring Preview

Whenever I see daffodils, I see spring.  I stopped off at the grocery store on my way home from work on Friday and a sales clerk was putting out dozens of daffodil stems.  They hadn't even bloomed yet, and I just had to buy some.



This is just one of the blooms after sitting in a vase for a few hours. 

I found some wonderful purple tulips too.  One of my favorite color combinations in the garden is purple and yellow (yellow achillea and purple coneflowers).

The daffodils have all opened now, and they smell heavenly.  Our snow has all melted, and the trees and plants are starting to bud.  These blossoms are just a preview of the beauty to come in the next few weeks.  I couldn't resist getting a headstart.  I bought enough stems to fill two vases, so I could put one in the bedroom too.  It's hard to believe that just a couple of weeks ago, we still had tons of snow and ice.  It looks like spring is really on her way.

A vase full of sunshine

1 comment:

steersbylitning said...

So beautiful, Genny! Thanks for sharing them with us.