Sunday, December 6, 2009

First Snow of the Season

My son and his wife decided to come and visit this weekend, and I was so looking forward to it. They arrived late on Friday, and we stayed up talking until after midnight before we all decided to call it a night. Yesterday, we woke to a snowstorm outside. We were all SO EXCITED! I LOVE SNOW! It was a winter wonderland. It snowed all afternoon and into the evening -- big, fat, beautiful snowflakes! We spent the day watching it snow, playing games on the Wii and watching Christmas movies. We had a warm breakfast of biscuits and gravy and eggs. Then a terrific dinner of home made chicken, mushroom, and wild rice soup. I had the perfect company for what I consider a perfect winter day.



































2 comments:

Southern Latitudes said...

How cool Genny!! And I love that you added snow & the Polar Express music to your blog. You've created a Wonderland!

Genny said...

Aw, thanks, Robin, for visiting my blog and for the kind comment. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!