Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fall is Coming


The last few days have been beautiful -- cooler temperatures. And I swear I can smell autumn in the air. The summer has flown by. And it's dark when I get up and leave for work now. It won't be too much longer before it will be dark on the way home too. I love this time of year when everything slows down before winter sets in. The sunsets seem more brilliant and the stars brighter. Soon we'll be able to smell the wood burning in fireplaces, dress in warm flannels and soft sweatshirts, and snuggle under cozy down comforters while we sleep. The leaves on some of the trees have started to turn, but I'm really looking forward to the full display of jewel-toned leaves that sparkle in the sun. They're the fiery farewell before their slumber in the winter.

1 comment:

Southern Latitudes said...

I'm so jealous. I love fall foliage and the smell of fireplaces going. Oh and I miss getting to wear jeans & sweaters. I rarely get to do sweaters even in winter here in Central FL.

We're going to AL for T-day. It should be colder there.