Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hot Yucky Weather

The weather here in eastern NC has been unbearably hot and thick. Last week we had a head index of 118 degrees. It's not my idea of bliss. I certainly couldn't even imagine living in this heat and humidity without air conditioning. I know it's the middle of August, but it hard to believe that fall is right around the corner when temperatures are still soaring into the 100s.

I'm longing for cooler air, for cooler winds to blow the wind chimes in my trees to lull me to sleep in the evenings. I'm not a hot weather person at all. So come on Fall!!! I'm ready, ready to spend more time outdoors in the falling leaves and the cooler temps, letting the wind whip through my hair. I'm ready to enjoy my outdoor flireplace so we can cook hot dogs and melt marshmallows and drink wine before we call it a night. I'm ready to plan my garden for next spring.

No comments: