Thursday, May 17, 2007

Way Behind

I'm way behind on blogging because I've been wrapped up in house renovation. I've had tile floors put in my living room, kitchen and foyer. I've had a six-foot privacy fence put up around my yard so I can bask in the feeling of having my own piece of heavenly solitude. Besides "Gladys Kravitz" lives behind me and let me know that she wasn't happy about having to walk around, instead of through, my yard now that my fence is up. I've been shopping for appliances and furniture, which will be delivered next week! It was great being able to shop and choose what I like without having to worry about someone else. I should be moved in, hopefully, around the first week in June and then will have more time to blog, which I've honestly missed. I should have some pictures of my new floor too! I wanted to replace the kitchen cupboards, but wow, everything is so expensive. I'll just have to wait.

I've planted five hydrangea bushes in the backyard and am busy planning for more flowers and flower beds. I'm honestly thinking of getting a couple of chickens to hang out in my yard to eat bugs and weeds and to enjoy as pets. I checked with the town animal control person, and he said it wouldn't be a problem as long as no one complained. Do hens make a lot of noise? Anyway, I've been looking for a chicken tractor and a small hen house for my yard.

The fireflies are just starting to come out and I've spent the last couple evenings watching them as they wink on and off in the twilight. I LOVE fireflies. They bring back some great memories I have from being a kid.

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Hens aren't too noisy. If you don't get a rooster, you'll be fine! If the neighbours complain, give them fresh eggs. That should shut them up!

We've been doing lots of chicken-reading lately, in preparation for the move to the farm. One book I really like is called "Living with Chickens: Everything You Need to Know to Raise Your Own Backyard Flock"
, by Jay Rossier