Sunday, December 10, 2006

Our Future


Here is a photo of my daughter Tracy (far left) and her fellow Airmen deployed to Kuwait. She spent eight months there last year, separated from Racheal and came home in July only to have to leave again this past October. I was devastated that she had to leave again so soon, but she didn't complain about having to go because she signed on for the "whole tour" even if it meant having to leave her baby behind and spend the holidays separated from her family again.



These are the beautiful faces of our future, brave, committed, moving forward and shouldering responsibility willingly even when they're not sure what lies ahead. I don't know if I could have done the same thing when I was her age. I'm so proud of her and of every daughter, son, father, mother, husband and wife who has stepped up to the plate to pick up the banner on our behalf.



Be safe. We love you. Come home soon.

No comments: