Sunday, December 24, 2006

Two-night Stand

I spent the last two nights with one of my new boyfriends. It was our first time alone together, so I wasn't quite sure of what to expect. I'm happy to say that he didn't complain about my having to work for a few hours, and not once did he ever try to control the remote control. He didn't mind my running my fingers through his blond hair as we snuggled on the couch and watched old, sappy movies and chick flicks either. As a trade off I ended up having to play ball with him earlier in the afternoon, but I really didn't mind. When I told him I was going to meet a friend for lunch, he just grinned at me and took a nap while I was gone. When I returned, he made it clear that he was so happy to see me. It's nice to really be appreciated for the finer qualities of my personality for a change. The only slight drawback was that he got tired and went to bed before I did. When I went into the bedroom, I saw that he had hogged over half the bed. I wondered if I should attempt to move him the easy way or the hard way. I opted for the easy way, so I grabbed his ball and gave it a toss; and while he went to get it, I snuggled under the covers. Once I was settled in, Charlie jumped back into bed. I turned out the light, and we both feel asleep while watching an old movie. There's something to be said about a dog that really enjoys sleeping next to you on a bed.

No comments: