Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter Wonderland

It's early December, usually too early for a snowfall here in northern Virginia; but yesterday started out with snow gently falling and covering everything.  As the day progressed, we had freezing rain that covered everything.  When I woke up this morning, it really looked like a twinkling fairyland.  Everything was encased in ice.  







It made the entire landscape look like crystal ornaments.  It's kind of melting now, but they're saying we're due for more snow tonight into tomorrow, anywhere between 3 and 5 inches.  I've already called out for work.  I can't think of anything worse than getting stuck in downtown DC and trying to get home in traffic.  The last time I tried to drive home after it had started snowing, it took me over four hours, a drive that is usually 45 minutes to an hour.  Better safe than sorry.  I hope you're all staying warm, dry, and snug!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Winter is beautiful, isn't it?!!

:)

Genny said...

Andrea, it sure is!! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a note! :)