Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday

My second oldest celebrated her 38th birthday last week.  I CANNOT BELIEVE she is 38 years old.  I mean, I remember when I was 38.  I remember still feeling like I was 38.  I know I'm not supposed to be shocked at my kids' birthdays, but really. . .I CANNOT BELIEVE she is 38 years old.  That makes me -- ancient!  She's just as beautiful at 38 as she was the day she was born and more accomplished than I was when I was that age.   This is my beautiful girl today.




But this is what I see every time I look at her.  












Why is it she doesn't age for me?  It reminds me of the scene from Father of the Bride when Annie tells George that she met a man and fell in love and she's getting married.  He looks across the table and sees a tiny girl in pigtails.



Happy birthday, baby!  


3 comments:

Louise said...

Happy Birthday to your very beautiful daughter!

Knatolee said...

You are too young to have a 38-year-old! Belated happy birthday to your dear daughter. :)

Razzberry Corner said...

I CANNOT believe that you have a 38 year old daughter! NO WAY! Happy birthday to my chicken's cousin (I think it would be cousin???!!!) Your daughter is beautiful, just like her Mom!