Saturday, November 17, 2007

Part of the Memeplexes

Stolen from Knatolee's World, the rules along with the answers.

Rules:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.

B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Eight facts/habits about me:

1. I was born in Yokohama, Japan, and my Japanese name is Harumi.

2. When I was a kid, I was always bringing home stray animals, much to the chagrin of my poor mom. Unfortunately, I never outgrew it ;-P

3. When my kids were very young and we lived in California, I brought home baby chicks that we hatched in an incubator for them to experience. They were very tame and would follow us around outside (the chicks). At night they lived in our downstairs bathtub, but they went to live on a friend's hobby farm when they got too big.

4. I was a real tomboy when I was young, no cooking or baking for me. I wanted to be outside with the guys playing baseball, kickball, running wild.

5. I hate hot weather and love cool/cold weather. Fall is the best season of the year, followed by winter and spring.

6. At night, when I was very young and we were supposed to be sleeping, I used to read books under the covers with a flashlight. My favorites were fairy tales.

7. I grew up in upstate New York in a town called Cheektowaga, an Indian word that means "Land of the Crabapples," at least that's what my aunt used to tell me.

8. I worked as a court reporter in the military justice system for 11 years, and I absolutely loved it. Too bad the military did away with this job for civilians.

2 comments:

Knatolee said...

Oh, those are REALLY neat facts!! And how cool that you were born in Japan, and have a Japanese!!!

I have been frustrated with my blog reading as of late, because my dial-up connection was so painfully slow. However this week we got a new server with accelerated dial-up, and I am connecting at 44000 BPS instead of 26000 BPS, so I am attempting to catch up on all my friends' blogs. I've missed reading yours, Genny.

And zen for that arm of yours!

Genny said...

Thanks, Knat! Care to venture a guess on the movie? I'll send the winner a surprise.